Level 9 History Accelerated - January 2018
Course Dates: Friday January 26 2018 - Tuesday May 08 2018: Weekly format January 26 - February 23, twice weekly format February 23 - May 08.
Spring Break: March 16 - April 03 2018
Examination Dates:Friday/Saturday May 11,12 2018
Course Fee: $475
Late Registration: $55 surcharge. Please allow 48 hours to set up late enrolments
Prerequisites: Level 8 Theory, recommended minimum age 14
Workload: Two assignment each week, allow a minimum of three hours per assignment
Students can expect a course’s workload to be similar to that found in traditional hour-long twice-weekly lessons plus homework. Successful students spend about three hours on each unit. Their first hour is spent reviewing the lesson material and working out sample questions as they would in a traditional classroom. Up to two more hours per unit may be spent on completing their assignment and reviewing earlier material.
- Celebrate Theory, Level 9 History
- Official Assessment Papers, Level 9 History, most recent edition.
Both are available online through:
http://bookstore.rcmusic.ca/ your local music store, or Amazon.
This music history course follows the Royal Conservatory of Music's most recent syllabus for Level 9 History. This course an introductory music history course to four historical style periods: Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and the Modern era.
The course is structured for students wishing to write the May 2018 exam.
Students prepare for their exams by completing assignments based on the material found in their text. Extra resources include a glossary, a study guide to composers, and links to videos of the pieces covered. Students submit their assignments through the website. The Instructor grades and returns the assignment to the student with comments. Students may ask specific questions about their work through the online message system. Students may receive additional tutoring by purchasing online private lessons.
- Create an account
- Click on the course. In the top left corner choose Settings -> Course Adminstration -> enrol me ... . Payment is made through Paypal. Credit cards are accepted
- Purchase the required materials.
- Students planning on writing an R.C.M. exam are responsible for their own registration.
Once registered, the instructor will contact you to confirm your prerequisites.
- Must be computer literate: able to use file sharing, have access to a scanner, create pdf documents, etc.
- Obtain required course material
- Complete all assignments on time
- Ask questions when they have them
- Sign-up for online lessons when they need extra help
- Register for their RCM exam. The registration deadline for RCM exams is March 01 2018. Visit rcmusic.ca for details.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents of students must be prepared to assist their children in completing/uploading assignments and navigating the site.
- Teacher: Thomas Evdokimoff